Car shipping from Winterhaven across the continent is not only possible these days it’s also easy. With today’s technology, international car shipping is relatively easy compared to what it used to be in the past. Communications technologies are flawless and you can even track your car online.That being the case, international car shipping saw a great surge lately.
A lot of people find it unnecessary to sell their car especially if it’s their baby, when they need to move abroad. Another reason for not selling a car is when it’s still relatively new and buying a new one is just expensive for you at the moment. If you are planning to move abroad with your car, there are a few things that you need to know about car shipping, so read on. In this article I will be giving you some tips that you can follow in order to ship your car across international boarder without a hitch.
1. The standard services As far as international car shipping is concerned, the standard service is the roll on roll off method also known as ro-ro method. In this type of service, all you need to do is drive your car to the cargo deck of the ship. Once in there, it will be securely fastened and that’s it, all you need to do is go to your suite and wait until you arrive. The moment you arrive, you will then drive your car outside of the ship and then you are good to go. That is why it is called roll on roll off.
2. Enclosed container Your other option would be to use a close container. This is a bit pricey but it offers a lot of protections for your car. If you choose this option, your car will be placed within a closed container and will strapped secured into place. The real advantage of the closed container against the ro-ro method is that your car is not exposed to the natural elements.
3. Insurance policy An insurance policy is one thing that you have to be sure you have when shipping your car internationally. If you are short on money, you can get a $500 coverage for standard cosmetic damage. If you want a full coverage, you have to get a Marine Shipping Insurance for a higher price. The one thing that you have to avoid is shipping your car without a coverage because not only is it illegal, it’s also dangerous.
4. Know the different levies When crossing international boundaries, you have to know the levies of different countries. At this point, you will have to decide whether it is more feasible to just sell your car or to continue with the car shipping process because levies can make the overall cost quite high. For example, countries like Australia and France charge custom fees at 30% of the car’s Blue Book value.
5. Other reminders Be sure that you are present both during the pre-shipping and post-shipping inspection. This is important because all the current damages of your car must be clearly spelled out. You must have your own copy of the bill of lading because you will need this upon the arrival of your car.If you know these things, you will see that international car shipping isn’t really that difficult. Just remember, you don’t need to prematurely sell your car in case you need to move abroad because international car shipping is now safe and doable.
Do You Have Any Of These Top Ten Auto Shipping Concerns in Winterhaven?
Finding Cheap Car Transport Services
I can tell you that moving to Florida was a great and hectic experience. Perhaps the one part of the whole move that sticks out in my mind the most is the fact that I had to find a way to move my vehicles as well as my things. Thankfully, a friend of mine shared some information on Florida car shipping companies that allowed me to find a great company for my cars to be shipped by.State SpecificWhile there are many choices out there for vehicle transport, I used a Florida car shipping company for my move to this state. Each state has a multitude of companies that offer this service, so each individual will have to make the choice for themselves as to which company they use. I was able to get my cars ready for transport after choosing a company. These are my show cars, and they needed the best protection. The company gave me information on car transport and the state of Florida, which explained to me that the salty Florida air can often have an adverse effect on vehicle paint. Many cars in the state of Florida suffer from paint that is faded or starts to turn different colors. Because the company told me this ahead of time, I was able to get my cars special covers that would protect them along the trip. The sun was also a concern for my cars, as the harmful UV rays can harm both the paint as well as the interior. I learned that the rays in the state are stronger than what I am used to, so I should protect my car in one of two ways. I was told that I could get special window shades that would block the harmful rays from entering the vehicle. I might want to purchase tinting as well, which is something that could be purchased after I moved into the state.KnowledgeableA good Florida car shipping company should always be able to give consumers helpful information about the specific state that the cars are moving to. Any good car transport company should always uphold this idea. The overall experience taught me many different things. One of the most important to me was the legal side of things. In New York, the automobile laws are quite different, especially when it comes to insurance requirements. It seems, according to what I was told, that people are able to damage another's property and get away with it under the Florida no fault laws. I learned a lot, especially about ways that I can protect myself and my cars with uninsured motorist coverages. HelpfulA Florida car shipping company will always fall under Florida laws because that is their home state. They should provide a consumer with copies of everything they need to know, including any rights and responsibilities. A company should always try to answer any questions that a consumer might have. Florida is vastly different from the New York that I was used to, but thanks to Florida car shipping, my cars and I made it to my new home in one piece.
Moving overseas is certainly quite a bit more complicated than moving to another city. Unless you are going to sell your car and buy a new one at your destination, you are going to have to employ a car shipping service. Many people are unsure if it is worthwhile to have their car transported when staying overseas for a while.Understandably, it seems like a complicated process. However, with the help of a full service auto transport service, the process is fairly simple and stress-free. If you've never shipped a car overseas before, this article will provide an overview about your car's upcoming journey.Types of Overseas TransportsThe first leg of your car's journey is the trip from your home to the port. If the port is close you can drive it yourself. If it is farther away, you will probably have the auto transport company handle that part of the journey as well. Once your car arrives at the dock it will be shipped one of three ways: RORO (Roll On Roll Off), in a 20-foot container, or in a 40-foot container.Roll On Roll Off is commonly used for short trips. For example, it is the most common way that cars are shipped to Hawaii or Puerto Rico. The ship is basically a large car ferry. Your vehicle is driven aboard and parked along with many other vehicles. Upon arrival, it is driven out onto the dock. RORO service is usually cheaper than container shipping. However it is also less safe and your vehicle is more likely to be damaged. This shipping method covers the car itself. There is no provision for shipping any personal belongings.A 20-foot shipping container is a safer method of auto transport. The car is loaded into a standard shipping container, secured so it doesn't move during the trip, then the container is brought aboard the ship. Most of the time these smaller containers will fit only the car itself. If there is room in the container some shippers will allow you to ship personal belongings as well.The best solution for shipping both your vehicle and household items is a 40-foot shipping container. The other items are loaded in first then a wooden bulkhead is placed in the container to separate these items from the car. The vehicle is driven into the container and secured as above. This shipping method is safer for both the car and your other belongings but is likely to be the most expensive shipping method. Other Details of Overseas Auto TransportOverseas transport is going to be more expensive than typical ground car shipping. Shipping will incur port fees at the destination. If shipping to another country, you will have to pay that country's tariffs. Finally, your insurance will almost certainly not cover your vehicle during the trip. You will need to purchase maritime insurance which generally costs 1%-3% of the price of the vehicle.International shipping has stricter documentation requirements. You will need the original title to the vehicle and may need other documentation depending on the destination. An experienced international auto transport company will be able to help you with the details so that you can get everything prepared before your move.