Car shipping from Yuba City across the continent is not only possible these days it’s also easy. With today’s technology, international car shipping is relatively easy compared to what it used to be in the past. Communications technologies are flawless and you can even track your car online.That being the case, international car shipping saw a great surge lately.
A lot of people find it unnecessary to sell their car especially if it’s their baby, when they need to move abroad. Another reason for not selling a car is when it’s still relatively new and buying a new one is just expensive for you at the moment. If you are planning to move abroad with your car, there are a few things that you need to know about car shipping, so read on. In this article I will be giving you some tips that you can follow in order to ship your car across international boarder without a hitch.
1. The standard services As far as international car shipping is concerned, the standard service is the roll on roll off method also known as ro-ro method. In this type of service, all you need to do is drive your car to the cargo deck of the ship. Once in there, it will be securely fastened and that’s it, all you need to do is go to your suite and wait until you arrive. The moment you arrive, you will then drive your car outside of the ship and then you are good to go. That is why it is called roll on roll off.
2. Enclosed container Your other option would be to use a close container. This is a bit pricey but it offers a lot of protections for your car. If you choose this option, your car will be placed within a closed container and will strapped secured into place. The real advantage of the closed container against the ro-ro method is that your car is not exposed to the natural elements.
3. Insurance policy An insurance policy is one thing that you have to be sure you have when shipping your car internationally. If you are short on money, you can get a $500 coverage for standard cosmetic damage. If you want a full coverage, you have to get a Marine Shipping Insurance for a higher price. The one thing that you have to avoid is shipping your car without a coverage because not only is it illegal, it’s also dangerous.
4. Know the different levies When crossing international boundaries, you have to know the levies of different countries. At this point, you will have to decide whether it is more feasible to just sell your car or to continue with the car shipping process because levies can make the overall cost quite high. For example, countries like Australia and France charge custom fees at 30% of the car’s Blue Book value.
5. Other reminders Be sure that you are present both during the pre-shipping and post-shipping inspection. This is important because all the current damages of your car must be clearly spelled out. You must have your own copy of the bill of lading because you will need this upon the arrival of your car.If you know these things, you will see that international car shipping isn’t really that difficult. Just remember, you don’t need to prematurely sell your car in case you need to move abroad because international car shipping is now safe and doable.
Do You Have Any Of These Top Ten Auto Shipping Concerns in Yuba City?
Auto Transport & Car Shipping Industry Exposed
Highway accidents involving trailers are on the rise and a disturbing number of motorists die in trailer-related accidents every year. If you have a cross-country move in your future, think twice about towing your car behind a rented moving truck.
The Dangers of the Large Truck
For most people, a rented moving truck is substantially larger than any vehicle they have ever operated. Even drivers accustomed to driving big pickups are surprised by how differently a moving truck handles.
Not only are the trucks heavy when empty, but when filled these trucks are extremely heavy and can be complicated to maneuver. The weight means that these vehicles are slow to accelerate and, more importantly, slow to stop. Going anywhere is a challenge and drivers have to remain acutely aware of conditions much farther down the road than they are used to.
The length of these large trucks makes them hard to navigate. City streets suddenly are dangerously convoluted. Backing up is a challenge because the driver can't see what is directly behind.
Adding a Towed Car
All of these problems are compounded when you attach a trailer and tow a car. The weight is greater, the length is greater, and backing up is next to impossible for the average driver.
The trailer adds other problems. More wheels on the road means a greater chance of a blowout. More weight means longer stopping distances. More length makes the vehicle harder to control in the event of a sudden road hazard.
Then there is the problem of how to tow the car properly. Some cars should be towed with the front wheels off the road. Others should have the back wheels up and still others should never have the wheels down when towed. Improper towing is not only dangerous but can damage the vehicle.
Stay Safe by Using Professional Car Shipping
The best option for long distance moves is to let an auto transport company handle your vehicle. Your car is loaded onto a dedicated car shipping trailer and driven to your destination by an experienced professional.
Your trip will be safer and less stressful because the truck is easier to control. Navigating city streets is less of a challenge and parking will be easier as well.
Of course, car shipping is going to be a bit more expensive than towing, but your safety is what matters. The risks of towing just aren't worth saving a few dollars. Besides, you will probably be surprised at just how economical car shipping rates are.
If you are moving a standard passenger car and want to investigate different car transport trailer options there are many possibilities in today's auto shipping industry offered to the discerning customer. Open multi-car transport is the most economical and popular option for moving unrestored collector vehicles or everyday cars.
In most situations, your car will be conveyed on an eight or 10-car carrier, the same kind of trucks used to deliver new cars. These trucks are 75 to 80 feet long and about 13 feet high. They can be difficult to maneuver and are limited to major roads that are free of low hanging trees and low clearance bridges. Make sure you are aware of this fact when directing the truck to the pick-up location or to your home.
When a transporter mentions pick up window they are referring to the time surrounding your pick up date. For instance some shippers may have a 14 day window - that way they can pick your vehicle up anywhere between seven days before and seven days after your pick up date. Lower priced carriers will not specify their pick up dates, you however may receive an outstanding price. The down side is that you may not see your vehicle for four or five weeks.
Make sure that the cheap car transport company you choose shows proof of their federal license and insurance requirements. There are many transport companies who do not carry the federal license, bond, or insurance requirements, and will move your car for a low fee, but this leaves you unprotected against theft and damage.
When you are shopping around for an inexpensive car transport service confirm what the total cost of the shipping will be right up front, this will help identify any hidden costs that may arise during the transport, like a fuel surcharge or extra road insurance. As you obtain quotes from several car transport and auto shipping companies, be prepared to provide: origin of pick-up destination, departure date, size and type of cars, type of car transport service you need like door-to-door car transport as opposed to terminal-to-terminal.
Terminal-to-terminal is almost always cheaper. Special car mover or auto shipping requests will usually incur additional costs. If your vehicle is not delivered within the agreed upon dates some cheaper auto transport companies will reimburse you some amount of cash per day towards the rental of an automobile, keep your receipts.
With today's multitude of competing car transport businesses, your chances for finding cheap car transport services are excellent, you can be assured that your search for the best inexpensive car transport service will not go unrewarded.