Car shipping from Westmorland across the continent is not only possible these days it’s also easy. With today’s technology, international car shipping is relatively easy compared to what it used to be in the past. Communications technologies are flawless and you can even track your car online.That being the case, international car shipping saw a great surge lately.
A lot of people find it unnecessary to sell their car especially if it’s their baby, when they need to move abroad. Another reason for not selling a car is when it’s still relatively new and buying a new one is just expensive for you at the moment. If you are planning to move abroad with your car, there are a few things that you need to know about car shipping, so read on. In this article I will be giving you some tips that you can follow in order to ship your car across international boarder without a hitch.
1. The standard services As far as international car shipping is concerned, the standard service is the roll on roll off method also known as ro-ro method. In this type of service, all you need to do is drive your car to the cargo deck of the ship. Once in there, it will be securely fastened and that’s it, all you need to do is go to your suite and wait until you arrive. The moment you arrive, you will then drive your car outside of the ship and then you are good to go. That is why it is called roll on roll off.
2. Enclosed container Your other option would be to use a close container. This is a bit pricey but it offers a lot of protections for your car. If you choose this option, your car will be placed within a closed container and will strapped secured into place. The real advantage of the closed container against the ro-ro method is that your car is not exposed to the natural elements.
3. Insurance policy An insurance policy is one thing that you have to be sure you have when shipping your car internationally. If you are short on money, you can get a $500 coverage for standard cosmetic damage. If you want a full coverage, you have to get a Marine Shipping Insurance for a higher price. The one thing that you have to avoid is shipping your car without a coverage because not only is it illegal, it’s also dangerous.
4. Know the different levies When crossing international boundaries, you have to know the levies of different countries. At this point, you will have to decide whether it is more feasible to just sell your car or to continue with the car shipping process because levies can make the overall cost quite high. For example, countries like Australia and France charge custom fees at 30% of the car’s Blue Book value.
5. Other reminders Be sure that you are present both during the pre-shipping and post-shipping inspection. This is important because all the current damages of your car must be clearly spelled out. You must have your own copy of the bill of lading because you will need this upon the arrival of your car.If you know these things, you will see that international car shipping isn’t really that difficult. Just remember, you don’t need to prematurely sell your car in case you need to move abroad because international car shipping is now safe and doable.
Do You Have Any Of These Top Ten Auto Shipping Concerns in Westmorland?
Mobile Carpet Roll Unsafe Auto Transport Human Trafficking Derenne Savannah Adventures Street View
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for your next auto transport company: Make sure the auto transport service you select has the proper insurance in case you have any damage to your vehicle Do they have a history of good service and customer satisfaction? Visit website like autoshipments dot com for a list of auto transport companies and reviews to help you make your selection. Confirm your auto transport company is bonded Do they have a toll free number you can call Are the sales agents knowledgeable and courtesy on the phone? Do they offer door to door service? Always make sure the price they give you is the final cost and there are no hidden charges Request at least a 3 day window for pick-up and delivery of your vehicle or vehicles Do they have a physical location address available at their website you can verify Many times shipping your vehicle is cost effective with todays rising gas prices so you should always explore the option when you need to relocate your car, truck or SUV. This also allows you to focus on your move and your family relieving you of stress of driving your vehicle. Here are a few things to remember prior to shipping your vehicle: Insure your vehicle has no obvious fluid leaks. Be sure that the battery is secure, has no leaks, and that the fluid levels are low enough to accommodate expansion. Make sure that your vehicle is clean enough to ensure an accurate pickup inspection. Leave only about ¼ tank of gas in the vehicle, as a full tank of gasoline adds a lot of costly weight to the transport. Disable or disconnect anti-theft devices or alarms. There can be serious problems and unnecessary expenses if the driver is locked out or if the alarm goes off during the auto shipping process or the car transport. Remove all personal belongings except standard vehicle items such as jack and spar tire. Remove after-market or not build-in radios, cassette decks, CD/DVD players and/or toll passes/tags and garage openers. Secure or remove any loose parts or specialty items such as ground effects, spoilers, fog lights, bike racks, grill covers or wide mirrors, and lower or remove the antenna if possible. Repair or seal any tears or open seams on convertible tops to prevent fast-moving air from causing further damage. Make sure the radiator has adequate levels of fresh antifreeze and prepared for new climates. Very slightly open one window to relieve pressure due to temperature and elevation changes. This will allow for your vehicle(s) to breath and protect window(s) from blowing out because of the temperature and pressure changes during transport. There are literally thousands of choices in todays market place but applying some prudence and asking the right questions will all but guarantee you a safe and reliable auto relocation.
Highway accidents involving trailers are on the rise and a disturbing number of motorists die in trailer-related accidents every year. If you have a cross-country move in your future, think twice about towing your car behind a rented moving truck.
The Dangers of the Large Truck
For most people, a rented moving truck is substantially larger than any vehicle they have ever operated. Even drivers accustomed to driving big pickups are surprised by how differently a moving truck handles.
Not only are the trucks heavy when empty, but when filled these trucks are extremely heavy and can be complicated to maneuver. The weight means that these vehicles are slow to accelerate and, more importantly, slow to stop. Going anywhere is a challenge and drivers have to remain acutely aware of conditions much farther down the road than they are used to.
The length of these large trucks makes them hard to navigate. City streets suddenly are dangerously convoluted. Backing up is a challenge because the driver can't see what is directly behind.
Adding a Towed Car
All of these problems are compounded when you attach a trailer and tow a car. The weight is greater, the length is greater, and backing up is next to impossible for the average driver.
The trailer adds other problems. More wheels on the road means a greater chance of a blowout. More weight means longer stopping distances. More length makes the vehicle harder to control in the event of a sudden road hazard.
Then there is the problem of how to tow the car properly. Some cars should be towed with the front wheels off the road. Others should have the back wheels up and still others should never have the wheels down when towed. Improper towing is not only dangerous but can damage the vehicle.
Stay Safe by Using Professional Car Shipping
The best option for long distance moves is to let an auto transport company handle your vehicle. Your car is loaded onto a dedicated car shipping trailer and driven to your destination by an experienced professional.
Your trip will be safer and less stressful because the truck is easier to control. Navigating city streets is less of a challenge and parking will be easier as well.
Of course, car shipping is going to be a bit more expensive than towing, but your safety is what matters. The risks of towing just aren't worth saving a few dollars. Besides, you will probably be surprised at just how economical car shipping rates are.