Car shipping from Lake Arrowhead across the continent is not only possible these days it’s also easy. With today’s technology, international car shipping is relatively easy compared to what it used to be in the past. Communications technologies are flawless and you can even track your car online.That being the case, international car shipping saw a great surge lately.
A lot of people find it unnecessary to sell their car especially if it’s their baby, when they need to move abroad. Another reason for not selling a car is when it’s still relatively new and buying a new one is just expensive for you at the moment. If you are planning to move abroad with your car, there are a few things that you need to know about car shipping, so read on. In this article I will be giving you some tips that you can follow in order to ship your car across international boarder without a hitch.
1. The standard services As far as international car shipping is concerned, the standard service is the roll on roll off method also known as ro-ro method. In this type of service, all you need to do is drive your car to the cargo deck of the ship. Once in there, it will be securely fastened and that’s it, all you need to do is go to your suite and wait until you arrive. The moment you arrive, you will then drive your car outside of the ship and then you are good to go. That is why it is called roll on roll off.
2. Enclosed container Your other option would be to use a close container. This is a bit pricey but it offers a lot of protections for your car. If you choose this option, your car will be placed within a closed container and will strapped secured into place. The real advantage of the closed container against the ro-ro method is that your car is not exposed to the natural elements.
3. Insurance policy An insurance policy is one thing that you have to be sure you have when shipping your car internationally. If you are short on money, you can get a $500 coverage for standard cosmetic damage. If you want a full coverage, you have to get a Marine Shipping Insurance for a higher price. The one thing that you have to avoid is shipping your car without a coverage because not only is it illegal, it’s also dangerous.
4. Know the different levies When crossing international boundaries, you have to know the levies of different countries. At this point, you will have to decide whether it is more feasible to just sell your car or to continue with the car shipping process because levies can make the overall cost quite high. For example, countries like Australia and France charge custom fees at 30% of the car’s Blue Book value.
5. Other reminders Be sure that you are present both during the pre-shipping and post-shipping inspection. This is important because all the current damages of your car must be clearly spelled out. You must have your own copy of the bill of lading because you will need this upon the arrival of your car.If you know these things, you will see that international car shipping isn’t really that difficult. Just remember, you don’t need to prematurely sell your car in case you need to move abroad because international car shipping is now safe and doable.
Do You Have Any Of These Top Ten Auto Shipping Concerns in Lake Arrowhead?
The Role of Auto Transport Companies in Auto Shipping
Historical events are captured in the music of the era. 'Over There,' 'How 'Ya Gonna Keep 'em Down on the Farm after They've Seen Paree, and 'When Johnny Comes Marching Home' were some of the Doughboy songs of World War I. Al Jolson singing 'Brother, Can You Spare a Dime', and 'Dust Bowl Blues' marked the Great Depression. 'Fightin Side of Me' revealed the nation's conflict over Vietnam in the '60s. So it is only natural that the automobile, which changed American life forever would be immortalized in song and it was.
At first the automobile was only for the wealthy and this was reflected in early sheet music. Even though there were no lyrics, 'The Swagger' and 'Up Broadway' featured fashionably dressed urban couples with an automobile. Then came the song 'The Auto Man' with the lyrics implying that ownership of an automobile indicated wealth and prestige. But along came Henry Ford who pledged to manufacture an automobile that the man on the street could afford and he kept his promise. In October 1908 the first Model T's, priced at $850, rolled off the assembly line. Over nineteen years of production, its price would drop to $260. The Model T was referred to as the Tin Lizzie and the Flivver and became the subject of many songs. Lizzie is a nickname for Elizabeth and was a popular name for horses at that time.
So then they sang:
Old Zeke Perkins sold his hogs the other day,
The gosh-darned fool threw his money right away;
Rode into town, sittin on a board,
Came home ridin' in a brand-new Ford!
However, the roads were still designed for horses and did not easily accommodate the speed of the new tin horse so in 1912 along came the song, "Bump, Bump, Bump in Your Automobile." While the song lyrics emphasized the poor road conditions, one line inferred that women were attracted to male car owners with the words "Molly May said she loved Willie Green. Best of all she loved Willie's machine." This theme was repeated in many of the early automobile songs.
And the poor road conditions often resulted in mechanical breakdowns that popularized the tune, 'Get Out and Get Under' with the cover sheet depicting a well dressed man under a cabriolet with his legs extended, wrench in hand and his fashionably dressed lady friend in the passenger seat looking down anxiously. The freedom provided by this new invention also carried over to courting customs allowing more opportunities for intimacy and privacy triggering some social anxiety about the relationships between unmarried couples. This together with the liberation of single women in the Roaring 20's inspired tunes such as 'Up and Down the Eight Mile Road,' 1926.
There were also songs about particular models like 'Cole 30 Flyer' with the lyrics 'You will win me Bill, heart and soul, if you buy a Cole.' These may well have been early attempts at product-placement advertising. Since Ford was producing most of the automobiles of the era, they were popular song subjects. In 1928 when the Model A was introduced, Walter O'Keefe wrote 'Henry's Made a Lady out of Lizzie'. Abner Silver and Jack Meskell followed with 'Poor Lizzie, what will become of you now that your sister is here.'
Auto shipping may seem like a gigantic task, but if you know what to do beforehand, you should be able to pull it off rather easily.With auto transport, one of the major hassles you have to deal with is preparing the car before it's shipped. First, you must wash the car well, even if it's going to be shipped on an open trailer. This will make it easier to identify any chips, dings, or damage that occurs en route, if it occurs. The next rule of car shipping is to take all personal items out of the vehicle. You don't want to leave anything behind while the car is traveling to its destination.Make sure the car alarm is disabled and ensure that the gas tank isn't full. It's recommended to keep the tank between 1/8 and 1/4 full so that the car weighs as little as possible. With car transport, the weight may affect the price, so keep this in mind when preparing the car.Remove or secure anything in the car that can come loose, such as ground effects, spoilers, and fog lights. Wide mirrors should be folded back, and move antennae out of the way as well. With auto transport, the more that stays out of the way, the better. When prepping your vehicle for car transport, ensure that the car battery is charged, the tires are inflated properly, and you top off all fluids. If anything is wrong with the car or it has any quirks, write them down for the driver, as well as all the information needed to start, stop, and drive the car onto the trailer. Details are important with car shipping.It's also a good idea to write down any damage that your vehicle already has, if any, before auto shipping. This is so you have a record of the condition of the vehicle prior to auto shipping. You can even take pictures if it makes you feel better about the process.So what are the different ways you can go about car shipping? The first option is an open trailer. This type of auto transport is uncovered and is the most popular option due to the price. This is the inexpensive way to go about car transport, so if you want to save money, this is the choice for you. Keep in mind that your car will be open to the elements with this type of auto transport.Your second option is a closed trailer that consists of a covered freight area. People shipping expensive cars or a classic car tend to use this type of car shipping, for obvious reasons. Another reason to use this type of car transport is to protect your vehicle if you will be shipping it through dry areas. This means your car will be safe from wind, sand, and heat. Of course, covered auto shipping is more expensive.The cost of auto transport essentially depends on the distance the car will travel, as well as how busy that particular route is.It's always a good idea to find a car transport service that is well-known and trustworthy. When car shipping, you don't want to put your vehicle in the hands of a car transport company that doesn't know how to handle car transportation properly. Before selecting an auto shipping company, ask a lot of questions and make sure you feel comfortable with the driver ahead of time. Talk about price so that it's clear what you will be paying from the start. A car transport service, when shipping a car, should be clear on price. Shipping a car is a big investment for you, so it pays to be informed.Vehicle shipping and car transportation companies that have credibility in the industry and a good reputation are the best choices to make. Auto shippers that have a bad name should be avoided because vehicle shipping is not a game - you can't afford to damage your car due to negligent auto shippers. Shop around until you find the best company for you.